News- Download the latest newsletter here.
My Montessori Child will be 'live' from January!
As we reported in September, we have been working hard on introducing our new record keeping system within the pre-school called ‘My Montessori Child’. This system is run using ipads to record visual evidence and observational records of your child’s progress and achievements whilst they are with us at pre-school. The system allows us to plan individually for your child and produce a clear visual record of the activities which have captured their interest. The exciting part is that from January, as a parent, you will be able to log in to the system with a unique log in code, to view pictures and observations which have been recorded for your child. The system will also include a ‘parent’s page’ which will keep you up to date with the pre-school news and Montessori updates.
To give you a thorough and comprehensive explanation of how the system will work for you, we have organised for the author and creator of the system, David Gettman, to come and give you a presentation. He will explain how you can use the system effectively, and how your information will be kept safe. You will then be invited to ask any questions you may have. The presentation will be taking place at:
St Thomas More School, Saffron Walden, on January 7th at 7.00pm
Stebbing Primary School, Stebbing High Street, on January 21st at 7.00pm.
Staff from St Thomas More Montessori and Westwood Montessori will be present at the presentation on the 7th and staff from Flitch Green Montessori and Maynard Montessori will be present at the presentation on the 21st, however, you are welcome to attend either.
If you are unable to attend either meeting please email Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be able to arrange for you to collect your password from your child’s setting.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
In the event the pre-school has to be closed due to adverse weather conditions the following will apply
- The Pre-School Leader will take the decision to close the Pre-School.
- The Pre-School Director will make the final decision.
- The Pre-School Leader will notify all staff due to work that day, of the school closure.
- Parents will be advised of closure by way of notification on the website. Parents will also be notified by broadcast on BBC Essex radio. A message will be left on the Pre-School answer-phone.
- Parents are also encouraged to telephone The Preschool Director – Michelle Wisbey, 07811 441615
- School fees will not be refunded.